2013 Postgraduate Program Prospectus of Jinan University for Applicants in Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan and Overseas students
I. Prospective Students:
1. Applicants from Hong Kong and Macao should obtain a Permanent Resident ID or Resident ID of Hong Kong or Macau and a Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macau Residents.
2. Applicants from Taiwan should have a Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents.
3. Overseas Chinese students should acquire long-term or permanent residency rights in their foreign country and present a record showing 2 years of life abroad (9 months or more of actual living in foreign countries can be counted as a year, with the exception of those studying overseas and working abroad on business) over the past 4 years (up to the deadline). When registering, the applicants themselves should have the notarial certificates or certificates of long-term or permanent residency rights in foreign countries issued by Chinese overseas embassies and PRC passports.
4．The overseas applicants born in mainland, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan and migrating to foreign countries should hold valid passports or nationality certifications for at least 4 years. Applicants should submit the record of being physically present in foreign countries for over 2 years of the past four years. (Nine months or more can be counted as a year, subject to the Departure and Arrival stamps.)
Ⅱ. Application requirement:
Be new graduates with a bachelor’s degree recognized by the education authorities of the PRC;
Or have received the degree of bachelor or above from one of the key universities of the mainland or from a famous university in Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan or an overseas university.
College education equivalence students (having no degree of bachelor or above when applying) need to get an educational level equivalent to mainland junior college and have 2 years of work experience. For those applicants, tests of two major comprehensive subjects in undergraduate courses are required in the following integrative examination.
1. Letters of recommendation by two experts (Associate Professor or higher) in their major field;
2. Not older than 45.
1. Students applying for part-time postgraduate programs of the First Clinical College and the Second Clinical College should be graduates from medical colleges and have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
2. Students cannot pursue two or more degree levels or two majors in the same degree level at once. Anyone found disobeying this rule will have their admission qualifications canceled.
III. Application Procedure
Online application: http://yz.jnu.edu.cn.
1. Date of online application for 2013 spring admission: 2012.12.10---31
Date of integrative examination：second half of January, 2013
2. Date of online application for 2013 autumn admission: 2013.5.10----31
Date of integrative examination: second half of June, 2013
Application materials submission (application materials required)
1. A copy of register card generated automatically by applying online.
2. A copy of certified transcript in a sealed envelope from the university the applicant graduated from or is studying at
3. Two sealed recommendations in unified recommendation forms.
4. Copies of the highest education degree certificates, the original and photocopies of diploma and degree certificate (all the certificates should be notarized by the notary organs of the applicants’residency country. All photocopies should be in duplicate.)
5. Foreign students and overseas Chinese students should provide the report card of HSK.
6. Two recent one-inch photos (front-faced, half-length, no-hat) with the same negative.
Application Fee: RMB500/Person (non-refundable)
All the materials above and application fees can be submitted when taking the integrative tests or mailed to Mr. Peng Biao of the Postgraduate Admissions Office of Jinan University (No.601, Huangpu Road West, Tianhe District, Guangzhou) Zip Code: 510632
Ⅳ. Integrative Examination and Enrollment
The full score of 200 can be divided into two parts:
1) Paper-based Professional test The 100 –score test (passing grade is 60) lasts for 2 hours. It mainly evaluates applicants’ mastery of major-related basic knowledge and theory.
2) Professional interview The full score is 100 with a passing grade of 60. It examines the applicant’s listening and speaking abilities, professional skills, creative spirit and integrated spirit, especially their mastery of advanced major-related studies and their scientific research plans for postgraduate studies. College education equivalence students should attend the examinations (paper-based) of two major comprehensive subjects in related undergraduate courses.
Ⅴ. Program Duration and Tuition.
Three years for postgraduate programs. Its duration cannot exceed 5 years. The tuition fee is charged on the basis of program duration. More detailed information about tuition fees can found in Fees Standards published by the Finance Department.
Ⅵ.Cultivation Mode /Training Mode
Two types of postgraduate programs are available: full-time and part-time. Full-time students study in the main campus in Guangzhou, while part-time students can take courses either in Guangzhou or in cooperative education centers.
Any matters not mentioned above can be referred to in the Educational Programs for Postgraduates and Doctors in Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan and Overseas Areas.
List of Information about Overseas Cooperative Education
City University of
Curriculum for Master of Taxation
79 500 HKD
Hong Kong Institute of
Curriculum for Master of Civil Law and Commercial law
and Professional Master of Economic Law
61 200 RMB
Singapore Southeast Asia
Curriculum for Professional Master of Linguistics and
20 000 SGD
Curriculum for Master of Clinical Medicine
and Master of Pharmacology
78 000 RMB
Macau Jiyu Service
Curriculum for Master of Ideology and Politics
(social affairs management-oriented) and Master of
Translation and Interpretation
Hong Kong Beijing-Hong Kong Academic Exchange Centre
Curriculum for all majors in Prospectus