In order to strengthen the postdoctoral international exchanges and enhance the quality of postdoctoral training, Office of National Postdoctoral Management Committee is to set up a programme of Postdoctoral International Exchange and Academic Exchange this year. Co-approved by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security and the National Postdoctoral Management Committee, the international programme is available to postdoctoral researchers as follows:
1.Postdoctoral research fellows working on the postdoctoral stations of the "985", "211" Universities, China Academy of Sciences, and Chinese Academy of Social Sciences postdoctoral units, as well as the outstanding postdoctoral research stations and workstations by 2010 comprehensive evaluation, fresh doctoral graduates included.
Note: postdoctoral researchers shall acquire approval from both their recommending units and supervisors; besides, on-the-job personnel (including directional unripe PhD graduates) should acquire a third approval from the units they are affiliated to.
2. Applicants should be no more than 35 years old.
3. Generally, the receiving units shall be the world's top 100 universities, the international well-known research institutions or enterprises.
4. Achieve at least one of the following academic or scientific research results during their working on the postdoctoral station or the PhD period:
(1) The National Excellent Doctoral Dissertation nomination papers and the national 100 excellent doctoral dissertation winner
(2) Above provincial and ministerial level fund-winner
(3) Working as the main research personnel to participate in the "863", "973", the national science and technology major project, the national knowledge innovation project or other scientific research projects of the same level
(4) Awards-winner of science and technology or academic honors above provincial and ministerial level
(5) Good listening, speaking, reading, and writing ability in English (or the language of the receiving country)
(6) Not having this fund before.
This year the program is to fund 100 people, each academic exchange activity funded with 30,000 yuan mainly for cost of transportation, accommodation, conference.
Application and Selection Procedures
In accordance with the "personal application, unit recommendation, expert assessment, subsidizing the merit" principle of selection, the selection for international exchange programme and the academic exchange programme are held once and twice a year respectively. The specific procedures are as follows:
During February 25th - March 31st, log in http://www.chinapostdoctor.org.cn and then enter the page of "Hong Kong Scholars Program / international exchange programme for postdoctoral researchers" to fill in the relevant information. Scan and upload the main materials as proof. At the same time, the applicants should submit the "application form" to the recommending units, the main proving materials in 2 copies (A4 format, left binding, with cover and table of contents).
Note: Those materials include effective copies of ID, diploma or a copy of defense resolution and formal invitation letter, as well as the main materials of research work and academic achievement. Meanwhile, check the following basic information: name of the invitee and the domestic scientific research units; the beginning and ending time of the research; the profession, subject or the research direction of each research; agreed to pay the funding for the second year; the contact and signature of the foreign supervisor (including electronic signature).
(1) the relevant units should carefully check the application materials, ensure the material is true and accurate. If there are no real or fake contents, once verified, the applicants will be automatically disqualified.
(2) the applicant and recommending units should ensure that contents of electronic materials and paper materials should be consistent.
(3) the application materials must be confidential
(4) please download the related documents and spreadsheets from the download zone of the homepage on Chinese Postdoctoral Website
Contact: Chai Ying, Chen Yuan
Address: Assessment and Service Center of China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, No. 30 postdoctoral apartment, Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing.
Zip code: 100083